RECRUIT THE BEST FOR LESS
Tap into 1,000's of qualified candidates and audition them with job shadowing opportunities.
Free to use. Only pay if you hire!
Dramatically lower recruitment costs.
Find job hunters from all walks of life.
Increase employee retention by 20%.
Before You Start.
What Is A Betagig?
Betagigs are hands-on, job shadowing experiences that match job seekers with a great new gig. We give shadowers the chance to spend a day in the shoes of working professionals, and companies an opportunity to audition new recruits in their field.
Hosting With Betagig
To post a Betagig, you'll need to jot down a quick description of the role and any prerequisite skills you expect of a candidate. You can either accept or decline to host each Betagig as requests come in. After accepting a request, we'll ask you to pair the shadower with an employee and a time onsite!
Betagigs are kept to one full business day. On your dashboard, you'll find resources to help ensure each Betagig is a productive experience for both company and shadower.
Get ready to meet some incredible candidates and discover the perfect fit for your new role!
Add a Photo
Choose a photo for this gig from the options below!
How It All Works:
- 1.Requests will appear in the 'Pending' category of your dashboard. Answer pending requests in 48 hours or they'll be automatically declined.
- 2.If you choose to accept a request, you'll have to assign an employee to host the shadower. You can always edit your available employees from the Profile page.
- 3.You'll be asked for three potential dates the shadower can come onsite. Offer a few options and the shadower will select one that works. You'll be notified of the result and the Betagig will be added to your calendar, ready to go!
- 4.Once a request is accepted, a contact email will be sent to the shadower in case they need to get in touch with you. Don't worry, your real email address is hidden.
- 5.Make sure your profile page is updated with 'Directions' and 'What to Expect' so that shadowers can prepare for the gig!
- 6.After the gig is complete, remember to review the shadower to improve their standing in our community.
- 1.Gigs are not intended to produce actual work product for the company. The shadower is here to provide a sense of their skillset and, in turn, to judge whether this career might be a good fit for their vocational future. Employees are welcome to offer direct, hands-on experience to the shadower, but he or she maintains the right to decline participation.
- 2.If the shadower is uncomfortable with the responsibilities of the role or feels that the Betagig is not a positive experience, he or she is free to leave at any time.
- 3.Job shadowing is legal and, in fact, encouraged by the state of California. As per the labor code, companies are not liable to provide workers' comp to job shadowers in the event of an onsite injury. However, it is expected that companies will take reasonable precautions to create a safe environment for everyone on the premises.
- 4.If you or your employees have questions at any point in the process, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
/6 steps completed of signup
Betagig Company Job Shadowing Agreement
This “Agreement” is made this 28 day of March, 2016 (the “Effective Date”) between Betagig, Inc., a Delaware corporation, on the one hand and Company (“Company”) on the other hand.
Whereas Company desires to establish and perpetuate goodwill for its business as a potential employer; and
Whereas Betagig desires to connect its end users of its software application (individually “User” and collectively “Users”) for mobile devices and computers (“App”) with potential employers;
Now, therefore, the “Parties” to this Agreement agree as follows:
- Betagig’s Obligations.
- Deliver to Company on a daily or other basis to be decided by Betagig a list of any Users who desire to visit a branch (“Shadowing Users”) of the Company (“Premises”) and who satisfy the Company’s “Requirements” for visitation (as set forth herein below);
- Inform Shadowing Users of all of the Company’s requirements for visitation of the Premises in advance of Shadowing Users’ or User’s visits; and
- Obtain in advance of any visit to the Premises the Shadowing Users’ release of liability for any harm occurring during any visit to the Premises and any resulting damages.
- Company’s obligations.
- Company shall:
- Respond to Betagig in the affirmative or negative within forty-eight hours (48) of Betagig’s visit request with regard to each potential Shadowing User’s requested visit to the Premises;
- Use best commercial efforts to provide a safe and secure visit to the Premises by each Shadowing User who qualifies for a visit to the Premises based upon the following prerequisites:
- The Shadowing User must be at least 18 years of age;
- The Shadowing User must present valid identification prior to entry at the Premises;
- The Shadowing User must submit to any searches and / or body scanning or imaging that any other visitors to the Premises must undergo as a general Company policy;
- Within forty-eight (48) hours of Betagig’s request provide to Betagig the visitation date and time of the Shadowing Users to the Premises and the name and contact information for a Company liaison for any Shadowing Users who are approved by Company.
- Provide appropriate Shadowing User visitation orientation including safety, conduct policies and procedures;
- Not have the Shadowing User do any actual work at the Premises while on the visitation;
- Provide the Shadowing User an on the Premises liaison during the entire visitation of the Company; and
- Provide the Shadowing User with a clear time for commencement of visit and termination of visit at the outset of the Shadowing user’s visit to the Premises.
- Promptly notify Betagig of any offer of employment or other engagement made by the Company (or any of its affiliates) to any Shadowing User.
- Indemnification. Each party hereto hereby indemnifies, saves and holds the other party, its assigns, licensees and its and their directors, officers, shareholders, agents and employees harmless from any and all liability, claims, demands, loss and damage (including counsel fees and court costs) arising out of or connected with or resulting from any breach of any of this Agreement.
- Definitive Agreement. The parties hereto agree that they will negotiate in good faith to enter into a comprehensive agreement which will govern the relationship of the parties following the Trial Period (as defined below), which definitive agreement will include payment by the Company of certain fees for the services provided by Betagig.
- Representations and Warranties. Each party to this Agreement represents and warrants to the other party to this Agreement that it has the full right, power, and authority to enter into this Agreement.
- Arbitration. The parties hereto agree that any legal claim arising out of a breach of this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration conducted in California and administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures or subsequent versions thereof. The AAA Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be an arbitrator experienced in the software industry and licensed to practice law in California or a retired judge. Upon conclusion of any arbitration proceedings hereunder, the arbitrator shall render findings of fact and conclusions of law and a written opinion setting forth the basis and reasons for any decision he or she has reached and shall deliver such documents to each party along with a signed copy of the award in accordance with section 1283.6 of the California Code of Civil Procedure. Any judgment upon an award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any state or federal court in California having jurisdiction of the subject matter thereof. The parties hereto agree that any arbitration proceedings, testimony, or discovery, along with any documents filed or otherwise submitted in the course of any such proceedings (and including the fact that the arbitration is even being conducted) shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party except to the arbitrators and their staff, the parties’ attorneys and their staff and any experts retained by the parties, or as required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a party may disclose limited information if required in any judicial proceeding brought to enforce this arbitration provision or any award rendered hereunder.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will continue for a period of 180 days, or such longer period mutually agreed between the parties (the “Trial Period”). At any time during the Trial Period, either party may give written notice to the other party of termination of this Agreement. Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement each party will return and make no further use of any Confidential Information.
- Miscellaneous. The parties hereto shall execute any further documents and do all acts necessary to fully effectuate the terms and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding between the parties and cannot be changed, modified or cancelled except by an instrument signed by the party sought to be bound. The waiver by either party of any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed to waive it for the future. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California applicable to agreements wholly performed therein. The prevailing party in any court action shall be entitled to receive attorney’s fees actually incurred. In no event shall any breach entitle either party to rescind the rights granted hereunder, but rather the aggrieved party shall only be entitled to damages reasonably related to the breach concerned and no penalty shall be awarded to either party. This Agreement shall not be binding upon either party to this Agreement until duly executed by both parties. Nothing herein contained shall constitute a partnership between the parties or a joint venture. Neither party hereto shall hold itself out contrary to the terms of this paragraph, and neither party shall become liable for any obligation, act or omission of the other party contrary to the provisions hereof. If any provision of this Agreement shall be declared invalid, same shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions hereof. No waiver of any provisions of this Agreement or of any default hereunder shall affect the waiving party's rights thereafter to enforce such provision or to exercise any right or remedy in the event of any other default, whether or not similar. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. Delivery of an executed counterpart of this Agreement by facsimile or scanned image shall be equally effective as delivery of a manually executed counterpart of this Agreement.
© 2016 Betagig, Inc. All rights reserved.